
3 weeks ago my husband of 11 years whom I love dearly, took our only reliable vehicle hunting. No, we do not own a truck, it was a 2002 Ford Windstar minivan. He took the seats out so he could fit all of his stuff in there. The morning that he was getting ready to leave he pulled out of the garage but forgot to put the hatch down......the window caught on the garage door and shattered everywhere. It was 3:00 AM at this time. Yah, I know!!! My husband whom I love dearly decided he was still going amid my cries of please don't go , this is a bad sign!! So he left with no back window. Long story short...on his way home(10 days later) the van broke down 4 1/2 hours away from home. It has gone to ford windstar heaven and will never be seen whole again.
We are forever grateful to Jeremy who rescued Derek and let us borrow his vehicles

This is the "monster truck" that I drove for 10 days. Take a good look at the skulls and crossbones on that thing. I had to jump in and out of this truck and I had many looks on the street. I also had to explain my situation to every one I ran into that knows me.
My girls thought it was pretty fun though!!

While we were car hunting and Jeremy wanted to take his truck back, I had to drive this thing for 4 days. It's a beauty alright!! 1990 something Ford Aerostar. It only has one back seat so when we drove it to church Derek had to sit on the floor in the back so Bryanna could be legally seat belted in the front while the other girls were in the back. Check out those wheels though. Gotta have bling on an Aerostar. By the way I had many looks for driving this one too. Also it sounded like a commercial lawn mower!

Finally!!! On Wednesday I got my new van. A 2006 Nissan Quest!! And I love it!! It is so nice to have a reliable car to drive that is actually mine! We are grateful that we were able to get a new car and hope to have this one for a very long time. So I survived and yes Derek is forgiven (there is way more to the story but I will never tell) and we are still married and I do love him very much..I just hope he never goes hunting again!!
8 comments:
Oh man, that is quite the story. I'm glad everything's back to normal for you guys. I think it is hilarious that you drove that monster truck around!
Much better! I kinda like the monster truck. Glad to see you are sporting Scentsy in your rear view mirror. Speaking of which...Spiced Grapefruit is the bomb. Maybe one of my new favorites! So now I'm the one with the WT van.
I am cracking up about that Aerostar! That's freakin' HOT! Hahaha! Love your new car! I bet you look gooood drive it too. :-)
We love our Quest. You will too. Loved reading your story and how you would say "my husband that I love very much"... hilarious!
Wow!!! Although the monster truck is pretty hot, the van will probably be better for the kids.=)
I didn't even realize you had a new car last night until you were driving away! Its really cute!
Love the story...crappy to go through but in the end you got a nice looking new Van!! That sometimes helps the bad stuff go a way!! :)
oh my gosh I was totally laughing that is something Doug would do, ruin something, then just keep on going about his business.. such a man! That truck is awesome though.. and your Van is so nice! Good stories to remember!
Post a Comment