Sunday, March 27, 2011

First 5K


My first 5K was at Scheel's FANatic 5K in Sparks, NV. My good friends Natalie and Jenniffer were with me for my first running adventure.
I had been training for the last few months but this was definitely harder than I thought it would be! I never stopped running though and I made it in 38.08, just a few minutes over my training goal.
It was a cold morning but it was exciting! Derek and the girls were there to meet me at the finish line, in fact Abby and Bryanna ran the last few feet with me (Gracie was sick).
I definitely want to do another one so I can improve my time. My legs and knees are a bit sore but I will be back on the running/jogging bandwagon again in a few days.
A 5K may be cake to some but this was a big goal for me and I am happy that I accomplished it! Can't wait for the next one!

5 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

You are so awesome! Congrats!
So I seriously want to do one, but I am really scared. It would be a big thing to me.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Nice job! I'm glad it was a good experience!!

Heather said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!

Emily said...

So proud of you! I've always hated running and my goal after I have the baby is to get to where I can run a 5K too. You're awesome!!

Millers! said...

Great job, 5Ks arent cake.. seriously..they dont make them easy for anyone! Congrats!