Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How much is that doggy in the window?

Thursday May 5, 2011 Derek came in the door with a puppy. A yellow lab. She was super cute as are all puppies. I had had a really bad day and was about to cry and scream when I realized this puppy was ours! I had just told him a week before NOT TO SURPRISE ME WITH A PUPPY!! I am not a spontaneous person most of the time, and I need to be mentally ready for this kind of change. Well it was a bit too late since plans and money were already in place to get this dog. The girls were super excited of course, since they have been asking for a puppy for a long time now. Maggie is her name.
It's definitely been an adventure and at the present I am referring to her as Derek's dog! That should tell you how much I'm enjoying this new family member!
Her first experience in her crate. This crate will become the reason for my lack of sleep.
The chew toy that Derek picked out and brought home that life changing Thursday night!
She is already one of the "girls"
A favorite sleeping spot..on Derek's chair. The only piece of furniture she is allowed on!

So I may sound a tad negative and maybe I should have wrote this post the day after we got her when the reality of it hadn't quite hit me yet but alas I didn't and so you get the bitter, exhausted perspective! I know it will get better and hopefully Maggie will be a great part of our family. If only I can endure!
Add Video

1 comment:

Eichmeiers said...

I am the same way! Our dog is actually really good but she for sure had to grow on me! you are already nicer than i cause our dog is not allowed in the house at all!