When your oldest child is 9, they get to pick their own 4-H project. Did you know that? Well I did, but I was really hoping my daughter Bryanna would pick sewing or baking or even science. Guess what she picked? You are correct! GUINEA PIGS. So then I had to ask myself, do I deny my oldest child the experience of taking care of a Guinea Pig? It will help her to be responsible and nurturing. Right? Well, so far so good. We were even lucky enough to find 2 FREE guinea pigs from a friend at church and she gave us everything to go with it so the expense was very little. Bryanna has successfully signed up for the 4-H Cavy group (cavy means guinea pig..i had no idea) and now we await her first meeting.
Maggie has even taken a liking to these little furry creatures. Who knew that I would have this many animals in my house!
1 comment:
You are the best mom! I am not sure I could tolerate a guinea pig at my house.
Post a Comment