Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bryanna's gift from Santa


For Christmas Bryanna wanted horse riding lessons from Santa. She got a promise note saying she would get one and so we worked on setting it up. A local rancher hosts horse camps pretty regularly and she had one open last week before the kids went back to school. Bryanna was more than excited to go. It was a four hour camp so I knew I wouldn't get to stay and take all the pictures I wanted but I did get a few. The kids started out cleaning the stalls. Bryanna was an excellent raker of "apples" and she looked pretty cute in her cowgirl hat and boots! She told us after they cleaned they got to groom the horses and then ride for a long time. She rode on her own and learned a Posting Trot. It was a great day for her and I'm happy that she had that experience. Of course she wants to do it again and thinks we should buy a horse in the near future!
Bryanna next to Rudy the horse. We liked him because he has the same name as Grandpa Kirk.

No comments: