Friday, April 18, 2008

Hike to the "C"



Sorry to all of you who check my blog regularly and I haven't been updating it. I haven't been on the computer as much, which is kind of nice!


We had a visitor last weekend, Uncle Shawn!! He came to visit again before he heads out of the country for work again. We had a nice weekend and it was beautiful weather. On Saturday I had the bright idea to hike this mountain that has a big "c" for Carson City, and an American Flag. I had no idea what the hike would be like but I didn't think it would be that bad. Well most of it was pretty steep and rocky and I was DYING!! That is just a sign of how out of shape I really am. The girls did pretty well considering how long it was and Derek and Shawn were fine, of course. I felt good that we got to the "C" and I have made it a goal to get up there again without having a heart attack!! It was beautiful to see the whole city and mountains surrounding us and we even got some good sun! It was a nice day and we enjoyed having family with us!

2 comments:

MysteryWoman said...

Hey Donna,

Way to go - you made it! I hiked up to the Y once above Provo and it nearly killed me but I made it. So cute family pics! Thanks for posting so that we can keep up with you!

Lara

Heather Bell said...

Looks like fun!! Glad to see you are enjoying Nevada.