Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008


















I have been trying to find a picture of Thanksgivings past but it's been hard. Looking through my scrapbooks I discovered that the last time we had a family Thanksgiving with my side was in 2003!! And the last Thanksgiving with Derek's family was in 2005. This picture is from Thanksgiving 2007 after we had just moved here to Nevada (Derek was taking the picture). The last 3 years we have had our own little family Thanksgivings and it has been great because I am so Thankful for my husband and children and I love them, they are my life.

I do however, miss my family terribly!! The holidays always bring out the emotion in me and the homesickness comes back. I have a lot of fond memories of the holidays with family, mine and Dereks'. We are so lucky to have such wonderful families and traditions. . Today I am grateful for that and for all the many blessings we do have even though we are far from family. I am grateful for cameras so that I am able to capture all of the many memories and preserve them and have them for my children to treasure. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge I have of my Savior and for His sacrifice so that I could live here on this earth and have a family and enjoy this journey here. I am grateful for loving and hardworking parents who are there for me and my family when we need them. I am grateful for such good friends who are such a big part of our lives. I am grateful for my health and my children/husbands health. I am grateful for Derek and for his job and that he is willing to work hard to provide for us and makes it possible for me to stay home and take care of our 3 beauriful girls.

We hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving wherever you are and whatever you may do. Make lots of memories and never take your family for granted!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey! We miss you!! If you makes you feel any better, the last three thanksgivings we have had it without any family. I didn't know I could cook a turkey and make pumpkin pie!! Anyway, hope all is well with you. Did you get my blog? www.sandlmarshall.blogspot.com I took it off private because a lot of people couldn't get on. Miss you! Your family is adorable! Could you send me your address? It's Christmas card time!

Love,
Lisa

Holwege Family said...

Hope you guys had a nice Thaksgiving. I can only imagine how homesick you must feel, but having these traditions with your own little family will only make you guys that much closer. Thanks for the card!