Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy "Fake" Father's Day


Today we celebrated Father's Day early. Bryanna called it Fake Father's Day! I am going out of town next weekend so we wanted to celebrate daddy's special day early.
The girls and I made breakfast and served it to daddy in bed. They made him a t-shirt and frame and gave him some other fun gifts. Then daddy got to spend the rest of his day (after church of course) fishing for a few hours. Derek is such an awesome daddy to his girls. He is so good at showing them love and teaching them by example to work hard and play. Abby calls him the "daddy tickle monster" because every day after work he gives kisses and hugs and tickles! We are so lucky to have him!
No worries about next Sunday. Our friend/neighbor Grandma D. and the girls are going to make sure he has a nice dinner and dessert while I'm away.

No comments: