Saturday, March 17, 2012

"you're gonna poke your eye out"


One crazy Sunday while I was at a Primary meeting in Reno. I came home to Bryanna crying with a washcloth on her eye. Abby had accidentally poked her in the eyeball and Bryanna was having a hard time keeping her eye open and it hurt really bad! I had flashbacks to a time when Gracie was 4 and I accidentally poked her in the eyeball and she ended up having a cut on her cornea. When I looked at Bryanna's eyeball I saw the hairlike mark that meant she most likely had a cut. Derek was off to a seafood fest at our friend's church and I didn't want him to miss the glorious opportunity of eating crab all night, so I decided I should take her to the Urgent Care. After 2 hours of waiting, it was really busy ( Dr. Holman was the Dr there that day and he is in our ward at church) it was confirmed she had a cut on her cornea. When you have a cut on your cornea it hurts and you have a hard time keeping your eye open because it is sensitive to light. Although the eye is really fast at healing, you have to keep infection from getting to it so she had to do drops for 5 days. She is all better and she can still see! We are grateful it wasn't worse and grateful for good Drs. and urgent care!

No comments: