Waiting for the MAX...Portland's light rail train downtown. Derek and I used to ride it every day when we both worked downtown. I was even pregnant with Bryanna so she says this is her second time riding it:)
Hold on tight and don't look at strangers
Downtown Portland is full of interesting art/sculputres. We checked this one out while waiting for our Pizza Schmizza
We took our pizza over to Pioneer Square
Didn't want to leave this one out!
It was fun to show the girls downtown Portland. Derek and I grew up coming here all the time and we forget that our girls are really small town kids who aren't used to the hustle and bustle of the city. They kept saying how stinky it was and how much traffic there is. Bryanna specifically said she "wouldn't want to live here ever! " We assured her we wouldn't live in downtown Portland but it was cool to see all the neat things it has to offer. It is definitley a unique place but full of memories for us.
Columbia Gorge
Wahkeena Falls. We used to come here all the time when I was a kid. Across the street from the falls is a picnic area and creek we used to play in. After we hiked it, we ate our lunch and let the kids lay in the creek.
Horsetail Falls. BEAUTIFUL! We didn't hike this one but let the girls play in the water . I love the Columbia Gorge. Makes me miss Oregon like crazy!
Cascade Locks, OR. Beautiful place and they have GINORMOUS ice cream cones. King of ice cream couldn't even finish it!
Fish Hatchery
Bonneville Dam
Crown Pointe
Beautiful views
We have many great memories of the Columbia Gorge. I remember going here as a kid many times and then when Derek and I were dating/first married. I love it here and I love being able to share it with my girls.
























No comments:
Post a Comment