Monday, July 13, 2009

Montana

In front of the Snake River/falls and Idaho Falls Temple (My family was sealed here 28 years ago)




Leaving my parents house. Traditional picture in front of our car

Girls with Grandma and Grandpa

Going for a ride in Grandpa's '48 Ford


On the Carousel in Missoula

Park overlooking the river by the carousel

Bryanna= 3 fish Daddy and Grandpa=0 fish

4th of July celebration. Grandpa did all the fireworks!

We ventured off in the blue minivan to see my parents in Montana, 15 hours away from Carson City. We drove through the night so that the kids could sleep halfway there but Derek and I ended up being very exhausted so we won't be doing it that way again. Being in Montana is very relaxing and quiet. My parents live an hour away from the big town so we only went up there one day to go to the Carousel and park. The girls had fun swinging on Grandpas homemade swing and obstacle course. They picked radishes from the garden, played a marching band for Grandma and even got their own Little Red Hen book from Grandma since that was her favorite book as a child. Grandpa took them for a ride in his truck, the bobcat and his beloved '48 Ford. We made some great memories, ones I know my girls will always
remember. We decided on our way home we would stop in Idaho Falls to stay with my Aunt Dorothy. It just happened to be the weekend of their family reunion so I got to see most of my cousins and that was fun. I always love to visit Idaho Falls, I have a lot of childhood memories there. All in all I am very glad we made the trip. Time spent with my parents is rare and wonderful. I wish that we could see them more often, if only we didn't have to drive 15 hours!!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad you are home safe! I guess I just assumed your parents lived in Oregon. I don't know where I was for that conversation! Ha ha! :) Well now that you are home, we need to set up a playdate! Nate is dying to see the girls!

Heather said...

That looks like a wonderful trip!! I think it's so fun that your girls are old enough that you can go and enjoy fun things without so much crying.=) I love Idaho Falls too. my in-laws live there. So peaceful.

The Harwood Family said...

Cute pictures. Your girls are getting so big. The other day Hailey started talking about your girls and she couldn't even remember their names...so sad! :) I still wish you would have added 4 hours to your trip. All of us in Western Idaho missed you! :) BTW...I LOVE your van.

Ali said...

FUN! "Vacations" get better every year, don't they? I'm glad you got to see your parents.

Holwege Family said...

I am so happy you were able to spend time with your parents. So funny that Brianna got all the fish. Way to go Brianna!