Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Symbols: Wreath

The girls with the finished wreath.
Daddy was making them laugh for this picture!!

For Family Home Evening these next few weeks we are going to focus on the Christmas Symbols and what they mean. I had found these online last year and then one of my favorite FHE blogs- http://nataliesfhespot.blogspot.com/, had a lesson all planned out with treats and an activity. We followed that lesson and the girls had fun making a wreath (i purchased all the supplies at the dollar store), and it makes me feel good that we're teaching them the true meaning of this season.
I made the candy wreaths since it was a little messy and they put their own "berries" on. I love having family home evening and what a blessing it is for our family.

3 comments:

My Little Spoons said...

What a great idea....think I will borrow it. It is so very important to teach children the true meaning of Christmas and its symbols!! You are awesome Donna :)

Dannenbergs said...

Aw, what a neat idea!
I can't believe how big the girls are getting!

My Beautiful Life said...

Hello!
Just came across your blog so thought I would leave you a comment. Very cute blog and very cute girls...feel free to check my blog out and leave a comment..happy holidays!