We May Not Have It All Together
But Together We Have It All
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Fishing Derby
Our first annual Fishing Derby in Carson Valley. It is has been going on for 22 years. It is a free event that you register for and I didn't know exactly what to expect. It was sooo much fun! The girls each caught their 2 fish limit within 20 min. or so and they were so happy. Derek was only able to help Abby so Gracie and Bryanna were on their own but thankfully there were AWESOME volunteers helping. We had the fish cut and cleaned there and we might cook them tonight:/ I'm not a big fan of fish and I don't like cooking it so it's all in Derek's hands.
Abby in her first spot. She wasn't getting any bites so Derek moved her upstream and she caught a fish within 5 minutes.
Gracie with her second catch of the day!
Pretty fingernails always look better when you're holding a fish.
Gracie's fish were the biggest!
Daddy taught Abby how to hold the fish the "right" way. I love that she had to wear a skirt for this special occasion;)
Yay for the Fishing Derby! It was a great experience and I'm glad Derek could be there with us. It's always better when there is 5 of us!
1 comment:
Wow! Your girls aren't squeamish at all! Awesome job girls!
Post a Comment