
I do like to celebrate Earth Day with the girls. I am not a dedicated recycler, organic eater or Prius driver but I do a little part in helping save the Earth.
Growing up in the NW recycling was made so easy. The garbage man picked up all your recycling including newspapers and yard debris, we could recycle our pop cans/bottles for 5 cents each and those are just a few examples.
Recycling in Nevada is not as big so what I have been doing is saving the things that can be recycled and Abby and I took them to the recycle center today in honor of Earth Day. I got a free reusable bag from Walgreens today and I already have a few from other stores. I am going to try to use those more often. I enjoy doing these little things and teaching the girls about ways to keep our earth clean. The last couple years we go and pick up garbage around the neighborhood. Gracie and Bryanna are doing things at school today too.
I say Love our Earth and treat it the way Heavenly Father would want us to.
There is my speech for the day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment