Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July





We had a really fun 4th of July this year. I was a little dissapointed that we wouldn't be able to do our own fireworks because of the major fire danger here, but we made the best of our first 4th of July in Nevada. We drove up to Virginia City about 20 miles away, for a parade. It is an old mining town and has a lot of all the old buildings and atmosphere. The girls had a lot of fun and got A LOT of candy! You would have thought it was Halloween or something. They got to pet a couple horses and there was even a dance team from Central Oregon performing in the parade, a little bit of home in Nevada. Afterwards we got ice cream and then headed off to the Minden pool. Minden is a little town about 15 miles away and they have a nice big swim center. Bryanna and Daddy spent most of their time in the "big pool" and the diving board. Bryanna is our no fear water girl!! She did have a life jacket on to help her get back up after the dive but I am constantly amazed at how brave she is! I spent most of the time hangin' out in the kiddie pool with Abby and Gracie. They are content to just sit in the pool for 2 hours. By then we were not in the mood to cook so we went to one of the only restaraunts here and our favorite, Chili's for dinner . At about 9:30 we headed out to the trampoline and watched the local fireworks from our backyard!! The girls loved it and we had a really good day! I am so grateful to live in the USA and for all the freedoms I enjoy!

3 comments:

Holwege Family said...

Love the girls shirts! How good is Chilis? One good thing about being in Nevada over Oregon - no more Chilis in Oregon. Sounds like you had a great day.

Emily said...

No more Chilis in Oregon?! That's an outrage. I love the molton lava chocolate cake (I think that's what it's called). It's the best dessert ever. Donna, those girls just get more beautiful every time I see them. Looks like you had a fun 4th!

MysteryWoman said...

I can't believe how fast your girls are growing - tell them to stop! :) It sounds like things are good at your place. We miss you!
Lara