Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Motherly love is....."


I found this cute article in a magazine and wanted to share it. Unfortunately I realized that I don't have very many photos of just me and my girls so this is the only one I had to post!!


Motherly Love is...

-pretending that you're already full when your child wants the one cookie left in the box.

-wishing it was you with the stomach flu and not her.

-cluttering up your precious storage space with her baby clothes because you just can't bear to part with them.

-always having his favorite snack in your handbag (and your favorite photo of him tucked in there, too).

-accepting the soggy half-eaten cookie she lovingly offers you (and eating it too).

-buying a box of cereal just to get the prize he so desperately wants.

-sitting through an entire Barney DVD because it's her favorite and she wants to share it with you.

-being driven crazy when he's with you, but missing him like crazy when he isn't.

-when, even after endless sleepless nights, continuous mounds of laundry and a house that looks like a toy store after a tornado, one little smile is all it takes to melt your heart.

-when the other child is always the one who started it.

-dealing with everything that comes your way without giving it a second thought, whether it's vomit, snot or poo.

-happily replacing your favorite painting with that lovely dried macaroni collage she made just for you.

6 comments:

Batman Forever said...

I think only 3 of those explain me. What does that mean. I always get the last cookie.

The Harwood Family said...

Thanks for making me cry. I liked the one about them driving me crazy when they're around, but missing them like crazy when I'm away. I can relate.

Ali said...

What a cute little article. I definitely agree with hardwood family. My kids can drive me crazy when they are around, but I miss them like crazy when they are gone. Thanks for sharing!

Harper Happenings said...

Hi Donna,
Of course I remember you. I would love to let you know more about my jeans business. If you have an email I will get you all the info you need. I am doing okay with it. I thought it would be a little easier but it is fine. Let me know your email and I will fill you in.

Steph Harper

Becky said...

Great article Donna. I needed that to remind how much I do love my girls.

I great reading about what's going on with your family. Thanks for clueing me in.

Becky said...

That should read

it's great