
Our Utah Home (before grass!)

Our Nevada Home

On a hike in Nevada this last spring
This weekend marks 1 year that we moved from Utah to Nevada. We left some good friends and memories and the beautiful Utah mountains to pursue Derek's career with Les Schwab. Although this has been a harder transition for me, I am now able to see some blessings to moving here and am grateful for many things:
-for the friends I have made
-for Derek's steady job
-for our ward family (to which I am grateful as a member of the LDS church to have no matter where I live).
-for the friends my children have made and that they are happy wherever we are as a family.
-for my personal growth (spiritually and emotionally)
Those are just a few that I can think of right now. I have re-learned that I need to have faith in my Heavenly Father and Savior and know that They know what is best for us and that these experiences we have here on this earth are all for our learning and growth. I am excited to see what the next few years here brings us and to see where our life takes us next.
4 comments:
We are glad you moved here too! We left a nicer house in Reno when we moved to Carson too, it literally took me a few years to get over it! I can't believe it's been a year already!
It is amazing what change can do for you!!!! I think it is good to get yourself out of your comfort zone once in awhile. It is character building!!!
That picture of your house in Utah made me sad! Some days I just want to go back to the good old days when we lived NEAR each other! I miss you still!
Hey I hope all is well, your family is getting so BIG!
Post a Comment