Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day





We are having a fun "green" day today. We started last night with a little story about the leprechauns and how they like to come in quietly at night and leave treasure boxes full of "treasure" with a green trail leading the way. It was really cute and Bryanna was so excited, she kept saying "is this for real?". So I made up a little box of Hershey's Treasures chocolate and some shamrock necklaces with their little green shirts and socks for them to find in the morning. The confetti trail from their room to the "treasure" was discovered by Bryanna at 6:00 this morning, but I made her go back to bed until at least 7:00!! We had Lucky Charms with green milk for breakfast, shamrock shaped sandwiches for lunch and for dinner we are having green fettucine, broccoli, green jello and 7up. It's fun times at the Marlatt house!! Derek thinks I'm a little crazy but I love to do these things for the girls because my mom used to do fun things for us and because it makes lasting memories for them. Happy St Patty's Day!!

5 comments:

The Herrins said...

So true...They will remember those fun things forever! Youre so good to put that that effort and love into things, fun! ~Elise

Holwege Family said...

You are the best mom! You make me want to do fun things at my house-maybe next year.
Jessie

Shawn said...

I get sad every time you update your blog. I miss you guys so much.

Alyssa said...

You rock!!! We do similar things at our house. The kids leave their shoes out for the leprechaun who comes and fills them with treats! They checked them all day long...until...at last the leprechaun delivered!!! For breakfast we had green eggs and ham. (I almost did the lucky charms!!!) Lunch was green jello, sandwiches, green apple fruit roll ups, snap peas and mint oreoes. Dinner was the traditional corned beef and cabbage, but I always make green bread from scratch. This year I was too busy, so I made green biscuits instead!!!

Millers! said...

You are so good with all your little holiday stuff, I love reading your blogs.. I need to be better, maybe next year when I start feeling alittle more organized with three kids!