Friday, March 7, 2008

My Free Piano


I have told some of you about my free piano. We found it on Craigslist and it was located in South Lake Tahoe which is about 30 minutes from here. It had been in a home that was bought buy the bank and they were trying to get rid of it fast. We got there to pick it up and there were two guys to help Derek put it in his truck. The piano is very pretty, it needs work but it was free and I just really want to have a piano in my home. My wish is that the girls will learn to play better than I did. Bryanna is already excited about taking lessons.
The second part to this story is crazy. I was watching a re-run of Oprah a few weeks after we got the piano and there were the 2 guys that helped us, on her show!!! It was a show about married couples leaving each other because they were gay. So weird!!! It was totally them. Now I can say I knew someone on Oprah, for real!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is a nice piano!! It looks like black walnut to me. Do you know how old it is? My FIL used to restore pianos. He says there usually is a plate on the side of the inside the back part where it will normally tell. My guess is it could be anywhere from the 1900 to the 1930s... I get way excited about these things :)

Katherine said...

What a crazy story! How great for your family!