Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Day in Cali....





So Derek had a day off and we planned a trip to Sacramento, CA which is a little over 2 hours from us. We went to the ZOO and a Fairy Tale Land park across the street. The park was built in 1959 and it has little play areas made after favorite nursery ryhmes and fairy tales like, The Old Lady who lived in a Shoe slide, and Cinderella's Carraige and horses etc. The girls had so much fun there. The ZOO was okay, it's definately not as big as the Portland Zoo or Hogle Zoo but we enjoyed it. I had also heard about the Jelly Belly factory which was 40 miles north of the zoo so we decided to check that out as well. It was a fun place. We had to wait in line for the tour but we did it because I wanted to have the experience and I didn't drive all that way just to buy Jelly Beans!! They gave us little hats to wear during the tour and then at then end we all got a little bag of Jelly Bellys'. I found out that the creator of Jelly Belly first started in Portland OR making Candy Corn. Derek already knew that because he watches the Discovery channel and I don't!! On our way home we stopped at an Old Spaghetti Factory and it was really yummy! By chance the same exit that we took to the restaraunt was the exit for the Sacramento Temple. That was kind of random, but I was so excited because I had wanted to see it since we were last in Sacramento in 2006. It is a BEAUTIFUL temple. The architecture is so cool and different than most I have been to. It was getting dark as we were there so the pictures aren't the greatest but you can see how gorgeous it is. So it was a full day but fun and I love having family outings like this!!

No comments: