Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back To School Cake















Last week on the first day of school I made this really cute pencil cake. The idea came from Familyfun.com and it was pretty easy to make. Though their cake is a lot more professional, I thought mine turned out pretty good. For the background I just used poster board and drew lines on it to make it look like school paper, then wrote "Back to School" with chocolate frosting. Some little fingers got to the letters and smeared it a little bit. The girls loved it and were excited to eat a "pencil cake".

2 comments:

T,J,C,MARLATT said...

Too cute! This is definately one of the things I love about you, you make such awesome memories for the girls and love every minute of it. Your an awesome mommy.

Heather said...

That looks great! You really do awesome things for your kids.